Sunday, May 17, 2009

This crazy weather...........

Not sure where you live but here in Southern Ontario, especially on the Acreage the weather is all over the place. I had to put my heating on for a little while on Saturday morning as it was so cold. It was pouring down through the night with thunder and lightening. It did dry up for a while, but was pretty blustery throughout the day. Today (Sunday) it is going to be only 12 oC, with a chance of frost overnight.

I am figuring we are at least one if not two weeks behind in the gardening season from our other house, and we only moved around 60 km's north. Mind you it's well known that there is a chance of frost around here until at least May 24th.

The goal for Saturday was to replace the mud room door, but due to the inclement weather we decided to hold off on that. So dh bless him, put the two blinds up in the spare bedroom. He ran new wires for the microwave and freezer, so both are working now. Installed the plumbing for the water line for the fridge, so it now has filtered water and makes ice. Although I do think I will be calling Sears as the water dispenser is dripping, which isn't good. He was going to sort out the outside light, but it was totally wired wrong, and he didn't have one part he needed, so that will have to wait. Plus he was busy with a hundred and one other things.

Now much as I would love to say I sat on the couch eating bon-bons all day, I too was busy. The people before us installed a sprinkler system for the raspberries, which of course was broken and totally installed wrong, using the wrong piping (typical). So I spent ages pulling all that out, and wrapping what I could up. I then mowed all the grass in between the rows, so that's another good job done. I then made a start on digging out the weeds in one of the flower beds, before it started to pour down again.

I picked up some seed potatoes today, and although we don't have a vegetable patch per se, its going to be a case of clearing some weeds and popping a potato in for this year. When I dig up the potatoes then the ground will get a good digging over. I bought 4 lbs of Russets which is supposed to give me approx 60 lbs? Its been over 20 years since I have grown potatoes, so have no idea what I am doing. My dad is coming over on Monday and will no doubt help me.

Oh and one more thing. I haven't been visiting everyone's blogs recently, for a couple of reasons. The main one is time, or lack of it, the second reason is money..........we are limited in our internet service and we pay by how much we use, so this month I am limiting how much time I am on the internet, as I am trying to cut costs. I am hoping to be on more in the colder months when I am not out in the garden.

4 comments:

Mean Mom said...

You do sound very busy, at the moment! What a shame about your internet connection. You will be sadly missed. The weather is all over the place, here, too. Storms on Friday and since then heavy rain, but with sunny intervals. Very odd, for this time of year.

Scrappy quilter said...

It is a shame about your internet, however I think summer is always more busy than the long winter months. Enjoy your place and when you can, visit. If not, we understand.

Our weather is crazy too....course we always send it your way. We should have been planting our garden this weekend, not going to happen. Today it's suppose to be +22C, tomorrow night -1C. I'm waiting another week or so.

Have a wonderful weekend. Don't forget to spend some relaxing time just for you. It is very important. Hugs...

Christine said...

Well, if it helps any... I send you beautiful sun rays from sunny California(82 oF)!

ChaChaneen said...

Oh my friend, I'm sorry that I giggled when you said that you ripped out the sprinkler system! I could learn a lot from you! I love the banner picture you have up, it's beautiful! Have a great day!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...