Thursday, May 7, 2009

Another busy day, but what's new with that!!!

Well dh went back to work on Wednesday, so I was all alone at the house for the first time. My goal for Wednesday was to clean out the mud room and sort that out. Here is a before photo:


And here is an after photo:



It took me all morning to clean it out and the walls were black with dirt. I know it doesn't look much cleaner but honestly it is. Now I don't want to gross you out, but here is what I found in bottom of the window. Actually it wasn't as bad as other windows, but still bad enough!!



My dad made this bench for me a few years ago, so it's found a new home in the mud room. Inside I keep hats and mitts. The door I placed it in front of, is siliconed shut and we will be taking it out completely when we get a chance.


Here are some photos of our kitchen/dining room. The microwave is sitting on the island, as its one of those microwaves that go above the stove and dh hasn't had time to put it up for me yet.



Our new lawn tractor arrived also today, I forgot to take a photo though. That was interesting getting that out of the crate, as the Sears delivery guys wouldn't do it!! I also managed to get some more windows cleaned. All in all the day just flew by again, and I know Thursday will be just as busy!!

16 comments:

Ruth's Place said...

I love your floors! The house looks like it's going to be lovely once you are done cleaning!

Margaret's Ramblings said...

You are certainly working hard Gill. I have tried leaving comments over the past few days but they just keep bouncing back to me so I hope this gets through.

Margaret

stitchersanon said...

It is looking lovely. Is it starting to feel like a home yet???

softinthehead said...

Lovely farmhouse kitchen! Love the floorboards. Keep the photos coming.

Notes From The Frugal Trenches said...

I adore the bench your dad made. Wow!

Best wishes for the new house!

Laurieluc said...

I love your new kitchen Gill! It looks like you get a lot of light and I love the (pine?) floors--very rustic. Nice job on your mud-room, It's nice to have that corner done so when you come home you have a place to put your things!

Laurie

Gill - That British Woman said...

It is starting to feel more and more like home as each day passes. Thanks for all your lovely comments......

Gill

DeniseinVA said...

I know it's hard work cleaning up but it must give you such a great sense of reward to see it cleaned up. Your new home is going to look beautiful. Great photos and I too look forward to more of them.

Niki said...

At least there is lots of character along with the dirt! :)
It's beautiful, Gill and I'm sure you'll have it up to snuff in no time.

Decadent Housewife said...

Love the sunlight in your kit/DR. You'll get through it with that, I hope!

Scrappy quilter said...

I love your home. I love the bench your dad made.. Don't forget friend to take a few minutes to relax.

Kim said...

I love all the wood you have - please tell me you don't plan to paint it white...I hate when that is done :)

Lib said...

Hi Gill,
Love your new kitchen and floors!
Before you know it you will have days of R&R and enjoy all the hard work behind you!
Blessins',Lib

Twisted Fencepost said...

I know you have a lot of work to do. But that place is gonna be beautiful when you've got it together!

Kelly Casanova said...

All that wood looks beautiful, just my style!

landcuckoo said...

Oh wouldn't you just love to be able to be in the crate with the mower and just drive it out through the crate!
You are making great progress, great to see the photos
Sarah x

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...