Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A couple of updates........

First the washer........well Sears called and they weren't sure if they were going to be able to come today. So I said fine and booked it for Wednesday. Meanwhile, dh checked out the pricing at a repair store and to cut a long story short, it just isn't worth while getting repaired. So we are waiting until we see what happens with the house sale. If we are moving, we will buy a cheap washer and put that in our house, we found a washer in Lowes for $349 + taxes, so that one will do. If we are staying then I will buy a better quality one.

The house.......well we put in an offer on the house we want to buy, it was a low ball offer, so of course it was rejected. They counter offered and we counter offered back last night. We told our real estate agent that this was it, no more offers, this was the highest offer we were going to offer. They have until midnight on the 11th to get back to us. So we'll have to see. I find the whole thing stressful, and my face has all broken out in spots/zits because of all of this.

Dh's boots........remember I bought dh winter boots last week? Well on the weekend we got a coffee at Country Time Donuts and they had turn up the rim to win. Well I "won" a 20% off a Mark's Work Wearhouse purchase coupon. So I wander back to Mark's and ask them if I could return the boots and re-purchase them using the money off coupon. I ended up getting nearly $30 back, better in my pocket than theirs don't you think?

Monday was a super busy day, running here, there and everywhere, I am hoping today will be a bit quieter.

11 comments:

Ginnie said...

Good luck with the house, when we moved I was so stressed from day 1!!

QuiltedSimple said...

Good luck with the house! And that is fantastic that you got more money back from the boots!
Kris

The Good Life in Virginia said...

first that is great news about the boot money...good going.
and as for the house...it will be interesting to see what pans out. i can understand why you are stressing...been there.
and the washing machine thing is working out ok...do you have any scratch/dent stores where you might get an even better deal on a new washer? just a thought.
have a good day...
hugs
erin

Evelyn said...

sorry about the washer, usually kenmore is a good product. WTg on the boot rebate! praying the house is yours, let us know! evelyn

Scrappy quilter said...

Still praying you they accept the offer. Great job on getting some money back for the boots.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Good Luck with getting the house, Gill. I know that it is stressful at times like this--but will be worth it in the long run.

That was neat about getting the boots at a cheaper cost!!!! Good for you!!1

Good luck with the washing machine..
Hugs,
Betsy

Cherie said...

It is stressful when your life is on hold pending other peoples actions. Hoping decisions are made soon so you may be relieved!

DeniseinVA said...

Yes, good luck Gill and you have my sympathies, it is so stressful doing all the back and forth. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Congrats on the boots.

Patty said...

Good luck with the house you want, hope yours will sell quickly.

I don't blame you about the washer. And congratulations on the boot deal.

Deborah Godin said...

Almost looks like a sno-cone without the syrup!

Winifred said...

Best of luck with the sale.

Yes electrical goods are a pain. It costs a fortune to get them repaired. Exactly what happened with mine. I just was lucky with getting a bargain online in the January sales. Now I'm looking for a fridge!

{{{SIGH}}}

Tuesday was a mixed bag type of day. Had the appliance repair guy come again to install another circuit board in the fridge.  When hubby got...